[speex-dev] Speex beta 3 is out

Maitland Bottoms bottoms at debian.org
Mon Nov 11 07:23:43 PST 2002

Jean-Marc Valin writes:
 > I'd like to announce Speex beta 3:

...and I would like to say that it has been uploaded to Debian.

Let me pass along the following words I got via email from the Debian
Installer: "Thank you for your contribution to Debian."

It is currently in http://incoming.debian.org, and in a few hours it
will move from there into the "package pool" as part of the unstable
distribution. Take a look at the compilation logs as the binary
packages get built on all architectures:
http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=speex

Packages are available in the 'testing' and 'unstable' distributions,
however speex is not in the 'stable' distribution since much of the
development has occurred since the release of Debian 3.0.

Sometimes I also put up binary Debian packages compiled for the stable
release, Woody, in my staging area:
http://people.debian.org/~bottoms/stage/
As of now, that isn't "apt-get"-able, but if you think that woody
versions would be useful, let me know.

It might be useful on the speex downloads page to mention that Debian
packages are available. Might I suggest the following for inclusion in
http://www.speex.org/download.html:

       <dt>Speex Debian packages</dt>
        <dd>
                Debian packages are available.<br>
                The speex source package supports four binary
                packages: speex, libspeex, libspeex-dev and
                speex-doc.
            <ul>
                <li><a href="http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/speex.html">Overview
                of Speex</a></li>
                <li><a href="http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/speex/">Package
                Pool for Speex</a> - all available Debian versions.</li>
                <li><a href="http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=speex">
                Debian bug report log for Speex</a></li>
            </ul>
        </dd>