[Playlist] Ruby gem to convert XSPF<>JSPF

Lucas Gonze lucas at gonze.com
Fri Mar 17 17:46:30 UTC 2023

 Is this the thread? https://github.com/njh/ruby-playlist/issues/20

Lucas Gonze wrote:

JSPF <-> XSPF should always be possible because they are semantically
equivalent.

https://github.com/njh/ruby-playlist claims to cover JSPF as well as XSPF.

Can you say more about the conversation

Benoît Gréant wrote:

Hello,
I'm still working on my website spiff-radio.org which uses the JSPF format
as "backbone".
I've written a Ruby API for it, but it lacks some features - among other
things, a way to convert data between XSPF<>JSPF.

I've seen there is a XSPF Ruby gem <https://rubygems.org/gems/xspf/> here
written by Pau Garcia i Quiles, whose from your team.
I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a way  to convert data
between XSPF<>JSPF.

It would make sense that the "official" team develop this, would benefit to
other developers too, plus, to be honest, I have so much work developing my
app that I don't have time to do this by myself (and I just have some
notions in Ruby).

There is also this gem, ruby-playlist <https://github.com/njh/ruby-playlist>
(A ruby gem to convert playlists between different formats), but it does
not supports JSPF and lacks some important features (multiple locations,
metadatas, ...).  I've contacted the author but he does not seems
interested by updating it to conform it to the XSPF standards.

Could someone help ?

Thanks !

Benoît