[Playlist] question about the XSPF specs

Lucas Gonze lucas at gonze.com
Mon Sep 14 21:22:09 UTC 2020

I agree. It would be a productive project, and probably not too hard.

On Benoit's ideas about how to do what he's thinking about, I wonder if
other people think that it would be wise to have a track with multiple
location elements, each pointing to a different streaming service. That
would function similarly to the sources idea:

"sources": [
'https://open.spotify.com/track/3FgDF8tNn6aqB7ycygy7ch',
'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA3P1-aSvKQ',
'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUes9-tFWm4',
]

Then, Benoit brought up the issue of having different metadata for each
track.location or track.sources[i], like this:

     "meta"          : [
       {'wpsstmapi/input_url'=> 'myvalue1'},
       {'wpsstmapi/xspf_url'=> 'myvalue2'},
       {'wpsstmapi/importer_slug'=> 'myvalue3'},
     ],
In the specs, the keys are urls like http://example.com/rel/1/. Should this
point to an URL that exists or can I use what I want ?
<<

The URL does not have to exist. This is legal, even though there is not
actually any domain at example.org:

<track><meta rel="http://example.org/meta/track/vendornick
">Spotify</meta></track>

Over the years I have softened up quite a lot towards namespaces, and don't
think something like this would be a bad thing:

<track><location ns:vendornick="Spotify">
https://open.spotify.com/track/3FgDF8tNn6aqB7ycygy7ch</location></track>