[Playlist] question about the XSPF specs

Lucas Gonze lucas at gonze.com
Tue Nov 24 22:12:23 UTC 2020

Sorry to be slow. I am thinking about the place of the open web, open
standards, and openness in music, as a prerequisite to thinking of what I
want to achieve with open playlists.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 2:54 AM Benoît Gréant <gordie.lachance at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So, what do you think of it ? :)
>
> +, I still would like to know how to add "regular" links (not audio
> sources, not identifiers) to an XSPF track with the current specs.
>
> 4.1.1.2.14.1.1.1.11 link
>> The link element allows XSPF to be extended without the use of XML
>> namespaces. xspf:track elements MAY contain zero or more link elements.
>> <link rel="http://foaf.org/namespace/version1">
>> http://socialnetwork.org/foaf/mary.rdfs</link>
>

> Let's say I have this link

>> Wikipedia</a>
>

> How should I convert this to an XSPF track link ?

Well, that page doesn't have a duration, so it can't be a location. But I
wonder whether it can be an identifier.

4.1.1.2.14.1.1.1.2 identifier

Canonical ID for this resource. Likely to be a hash or other
location-independent name, such as a MusicBrainz identifier. MUST be a
legal URI. xspf:track elements MAY contain zero or more identifier elements.
How come you feel that wouldn't be a good fit?