[Playlist] How do you import a smart playlist?

Dale Amon amon at vnl.com
Tue Jan 5 20:50:44 PST 2016

I'm looking for a way to generate a whole bunch of xspf
files from Album, Title, Creator info from ancient top 40
lists of the 1950's, 60's and 70's.

I can easily enough generate one in emacs:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playlist version="1" xmlns = "http://xspf.org/ns/0/">
  <trackList>
    <track>
	<title>Turtle Blues</title>
	<album>Cheap Thrills</album>
	<creator>Janis Joplin</creator>
    </track>
  </trackList>
</playlist>

But it fails when I try to import it and I presume that
is because it is limiting imports to ones which have
a defined location rather than just doing what I want,
which is "if this song exists on my computer, find it"
which is what smart lists do.

Dale Amon

PS: I tried Clementine since it seems to do this if you
type information into its own form; however I could not find
a way to get it to import mine.