[Playlist] am I using the "extension" field correctly?

Lucas Gonze lucas at gonze.com
Wed Dec 23 11:04:20 PST 2015

Yes, the syntax of your usage is correct.

This is a really good idea for an extension. Nobody has done a fingerprint yet.

About the idea that there is no fully functional content resolver
available yet, I don't think of this as a binary yes/no. Resolvers are
analogous to search engines which may return only a single result.
Over time the results have slowly gotten better as one project
improves on the state of the art. Your project has the potential to
push the state of the art once again. Pretty awesome.

The best current resolver AFAIK is Tomahawk. Those guys would totally
appreciate what you're doing.

And obviously the Musicbrainz faction would also get it.

What will be difficult for you is developing a large catalog of
fingerprints. Have you checked in with the MB folks? They used to do
fingerprinting. And it would be natural to use MB IDs for the
underlying catalog.

Happy to make introductions.