[Playlist] Three observations

Lucas Gonze lucas at gonze.com
Tue Aug 26 13:42:25 PDT 2014

With the passage of much time since we created XSPF, I have three
observations.

1. "Content resolution" was a powerful idea that has been picked up and
adopted widely.

2, XML is dead. Long live JSON. Out of the formats we considered - RDF, XML
and Xoxo - JSON wasn't even on the list.

3. The idea of playlists as portable files that you might carry around or
repurpose has little demand. Playlists are used as transient views of
RESTful resources.

(For those on both generations of this list, you got two copies because I
originally sent to the old list).