[Paranoia] Question regarding Enhanced CD ripping

Scott Wood scott at buserror.net
Fri Sep 9 18:03:45 UTC 2022

On Sun, 2022-02-27 at 00:43 +0900, 桃源老師 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've encountered a issue with Enhanced CD ripping.  The CD is constructed as
> 2 session, audio (12 tracks CD-DA) part and data (mpg movie) part.  When I
> rip the CD with cdparanoia, ripped result of last audio track includes data
> part  Thus last audio track goes 9 min 15 sec and excessive noise(As it
> should be 6 min 44 sec).  I'd like to know why such kind of phenomenon
> occurs
>
> I used cdrdao to show proper track length, but I dislike it...
>

> Any advice is appreciated...

My old OSX (as in, back in the PPC days) cdparanoia had code to deal with this
by checking the session data rather than just the track data.  If this is
still a problem I could look into doing something similar with the current
code.

In the likely case that I don't get get around to it though (certainly won't
be in the next couple weeks), the code is at
http://www.buserror.net/cdparanoia/cdparanoia-osx-5.tar.gz (see
get_session_info() and scsi_read_toc() in interface/osx_scsi_interface.c) if
anyone else wants to take it on.

-Scott