[Paranoia] Resets while ripping

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 01:09:22 PDT 2012

> cdparanoia -w 1- - | flac -s -o album.flac --cuesheet=album.flac.cue

Can anyone recommend a BSD compatible album.flac splitter
that reads the cue and splits the flac into tracks?
I hate not having tracks with stuff people send me :) Oh and
a few are ape, etc, so a general lossless splitter would help.

As to your drive, you could try fixing the speed to something
slower on the command line. Some CD drives might also have
modepages that can be played with. Unless the disc and drive
are perfect the drive might be shifting enough that slower will
still finish faster or with less errors. Clean discs also help.
Resets can be the drive further losing sync / flipping out to the
extent it loses the bus and the kernel trying to kick it. If
your bus and CD's are good, use a different drive.

Did a little playing with offset alignment, ripping from
drives and comparing hashes. Sub $20 drives work fine,
and are thus easy to toss if they burn up. I have a few models
in the same series as the Samsung SH-S182D, similar to the
below.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0382892

> Absolutely. I guess writers of CDDA ripping software could tell endless
> stories about this...

: We could, but they're all pretty boring.

Would porting the current cdparanoia to freebsd 9 be as boring?
Hint ;)