[Paranoia] SATA or external drive recommendations?

Eric Altendorf ericaltendorf at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 21:53:57 PST 2009

Ping -- does anyone have recommendations on drives?

As detailed below, the drive I recently bought tests bad with
cdparanoia, and indeed generates spectactularly bad rips even on clean
CDs, full of staticky artifacts.  I'd like to get a drive that will
work, but don't want to get burned again.

thanks.

--eric