[Paranoia] rip multiple tracks to single file

J.B. Nicholson-Owens jbn at forestfield.org
Tue Jan 13 21:53:20 PST 2009

scar wrote:
> maybe i need to rip each track individually and use some other utility
> to concatenate the wav files?  any other ideas?  thanks.

You could rip each track to a separate file, then use declick at
http://home.snafu.de/wahlm/dl8hbs/declick.html (you'll probably need to
compile this) to trim the silence from both ends of each file:

   find ~/Where-I-keep-ripped-tracks/ -type f -iname '*.wav' -print0 |
xargs -0 declick -s -e

Then you could use sox to concatenate the files to a single larger file:

   sox 1.wav 2.wav 3.wav big-audio-file.wav

and end up with a single file that is the concatenation of all the
tracks you ripped.

Good luck.