[Paranoia] Freshly damaged drive w/ cdparanoia?

CJ Kucera xiph at apocalyptech.com
Sat Mar 26 20:06:05 PST 2005

CJ Kucera wrote:
> unplugging the IDE cable inbetween, to no avail.  I tried booting into
> a 2.6.11 kernel to see if that would make a difference, which it didn't,
> and then I plugged the drive into another PC to see if it was actually
> the controller or maybe the IDE cable which was causing problems, which

Oh, I should mention here that the 2.6.11 kernel was using the drive as
just a native IDE drive, and the other box that I had plugged it into
was actually running Windows, so I know that the problem's somewhere in
the drive itself, not Linux.

-CJ

--
WOW: Kakistocracy         |   "The ships hung in the sky in much the same
xiph at apocalyptech.com     |    way that bricks don't." - Douglas Adams,