[Paranoia] Need help making a decent audio copy

Sebastian sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Thu Jun 23 06:27:29 PDT 2005

Hello all,

I'm used to use cdparanoia, but recently I read some more or less
interesting opinions regarding ripping audio.

For sure I'd like to make a decent rip. I got cdparanoia III release 9.8
and use it with a LG GSA-4082B drive. AFAIK it's a good thing if the
drive doesn't cache at all. So I was happy that my drive doesn't as you
can see at http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/storage/3-lg-sony/a1s.gif

Over at http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm it says that my
drive has a Sample Offset of +667. I tried cdparanoia with "-O 667" and
without and the resulting wav's had different md5 sums so I take it
cdparanoia doesn't adjust the offset automatically.

After that being said, is the following command

cdparanoia -z -O 667

the one that'll give me the best possible copy?

Cheers

Sebastian
--
"What the f*** are we doing out here in the middle of the desert?" - A foreigner, probably Samoan