[Paranoia] Paranoia still dead on Debian testing

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Tue Jun 14 07:50:31 PDT 2005

Aaron Birenboim writes:

 > I don't recall this one getting answered.
 >
 > To make it brief:
 >
 >   1) Can I get an anonomyous check-out of the libcdio project
 >      to build and test from?  If so... where's the repository?

I'll make it brief too. Instructions for anonymous CVS are here:

   https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=libcdio

A google search for "libcdio anonymous CVS" turns this up for me as
the 2nd and 3rd entries. Also one can get there by going to the "The
GNU Savannah Project Page" (a link to that is found from the libcdio
home page); from there click the "CVS" link.

The point I'm trying to make here is that although I'll grant this
piece of information doesn't leap out at one, (and perhaps that's okay
because it shouldn't be used for novices), it nevertheless doesn't
strike me as that difficult to figure it out on one's own.

 >   2) I'm not making it through make check, results are below.
 >      Results are very similar for ANY disk I try.

Even non CD-DA (audio) discs? If you have no disc in the CD-ROM drive,
"make check" should skip the test you report having trouble with.

 >   3) cdparanoia (no dash) is similarly broken for me too.

Okay. Then it's probably not a libcdio porting problem :-)

 > Here's my scanbus output, if it helps.  I'm trying to use
 > the DVD-R/RW.  But the CD-ROM is similarly broke.

Sorry I can't be of much help. Statistically, you seem to be in the
minority. (But in truth, with respect to cd-paranoia, I'm not sure the
sample is great enough to have much statistical significance.)