[Paranoia] Re: CD drive stuttering problem

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 at msstate.edu
Sun Sep 26 18:20:02 PDT 2004

Peter Jones wrote:
> So, I'm not quite sure what's going on here -- it looks like somehow
> Bflags[post-cb(B)] is getting to be way out of the right bounds, which
> doesn't make sense to me.  I've not forgotten about you, though, in case
> you're wondering ;)
>
> Any chance you could take a minute and add some debugging prints into
> that function, to see what the values comeing into it _really_ look
> like?  gdb seems to be doing a particularly poor job around there for
> me, probably because of all the inlines.

Well, I guess it's time for an update here. I sent my laptop back to
Dell for repairs (for a different problem), and their fix was to replace
the motherboard. Since then, ripping has worked fine, for the most part.
I haven't seen the stuttering problem anymore, although I have had
several occasions when ripping went to 0x and stayed there. The most
recent times I've tracked the problem to bad media (burned before the
repair...).

I'm willing to keep testing the new releases for you, if you still need
me to. But I guess you can quit worrying about this particular problem,
unless I find it again for ya.

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster  [Ballsome.com]