[paranoia] Paranoia IV Status?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed May 26 17:54:43 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 09:49:57PM -0400, Eric Enright wrote:

> Hi, I'm just curious about the status of the project.  I'm a Solaris user,
> and would enjoy cdparanoia on my platform.  All information I found about
> this was very old.

When Paranoia development slowed down, others went out and ported it
to other platforms, and Solaris was originally on that list.  Of
course, some ports were better than others.  i don't know where the
Solaris port eventually went.

I've tried to hand off the official project to new blood a few times
in the past few years and haven't succeeded.  A developer has
contacted me recently about taking over paranoia ownership... he seems
more serious than most of the past enquries.  If he does, then
Paranoia IV will likely happen (albeit under a name of his choosing
:-).  Until such a time... I don't see myself getting back to it
anytime soon.

> Also, apologies for my "confirm" mail ;)

No worries.  Spam sucks.

Monty