[paranoia] cdparanoia producing silent files.

tow21 at cam.ac.uk tow21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 1 07:01:58 PST 2004

... following up to myself - forgot a couple of details.

I mentioned that the kernel version was 2.6.2; however, I've seen the
same behaviour with 2.4.24 and 2.6.0.

Furthermore, ripping CDs with cdparanoia *has* worked on this machine in
the past; I successfully did so a few months ago. When trying again just
now I found the problem described. This machine is running Debian
testing, with fairly regular updates, so any number of things may have
changed in the intervening few months.

Toby