[Paranoia] Re: CD drive stuttering problem

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 at msstate.edu
Thu Dec 23 07:42:49 PST 2004

Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> I'm having a problem with my drive during cdparanoia rips. I'm on a Dell
> Inspiron 5150 with a Philips DVD+RW SDVD6004 and using cdparanoia III
> r9.8 on Gentoo.

I can consider this problem resolved now. I decided to go back to the
basics to figure out why my drive wasn't ripping properly, and in the
process took out all my hdparm settings except for DMA. I've now
flawlessly ripped three CDs with the new settings and the default
cdparanoia release.

Just thought you'd like some resolution on the issue (I know I did).

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster  [Ballsome.com]

E-mail     [jjk3 at msstate.edu]