[paranoia] Mono

Jack Pistachio jackpistachio at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 20 00:26:50 PDT 2003

Theoretically they should be the same.  However, I would
never expect the data to be exactly the same in a real
world situation.  Using diff or cmp for example on data
retrieved from just the right or left channel would always
differ as cd anomalies would lead paranoia or cdda2wav or
whatever is used to cause at least a single slight sample
difference.  If the music had any slight tick, etc in it,
this would surely be the case.  The important part is that
there should  be no audible difference.

--- "Sims, Ted" <ted at tedsims.com> wrote:
> There's no such thing as a mono format CD, but the
> program material might be
> mono in which case the left and right channels should be
> the same. If it
> isn't, then something is very wrong.
> -Ted

Do you Yahoo!?