[paranoia] poor quality & glitches - all tracks on CD showunreported loss of streaming

Adam Hardy emacs at cyberspaceroad.com
Mon Oct 27 14:29:20 PST 2003

On 10/27/2003 03:48 PM TJ Harrell wrote:
>>I am still getting the same "error while loading shared libraries" when
>>trying run a static build.
>

> Try "which cdparanoia" to see which binary you are executing; you may have
> some other binary in the path that you are running accidentally. I think
> this may be the case because you are getting an error for shared libs. This
> shouldn't happen if the binary is static, so you probably aren't actually
> executing the static binary you compiled.
>
> To ensure that you are running the correct one, go to the build directory,
> ensure that the binary is there, and try "./cdparanoia" the dot slash prefix
> will ensure you're executing the binary in the current directory.

HI TJ,
that was exactly what I was trying, but I figured it had to be something
else obvious since everyone is telling me to do really obvious things :)
- I had been running "make all STATIC=true" instead of "make all
STATIC=TRUE"

So I got cdparanoia to run as a static, but now I am back to the
previous problem - how do I get it to run as a normal app with the
shared libs? It was installed as an rpm before, but now that's gone.
Heikko was talking about removing some shared libs - but surely they
should just get overwritten by the compilation?