[paranoia] poor quality & glitches - all tracks on CD show unreported loss of streaming

Adam Hardy emacs at cyberspaceroad.com
Sat Oct 25 10:29:11 PDT 2003

On 10/25/2003 06:25 PM Mikko Nummelin wrote:

> This is due to the fact that if you just copy the patch from the page,
> there might be some malformed newlines and extra whitespaces corrupting
> the whole thing. I'll re-send it (or at least similarly working patch) now
> as an attachment.

Mikko,
thanks for the patch attachment. It worked.

I feel I'm almost there. Firstly though, have I got to make any changes
to make this patch work on my cd player? The discussion on that thread
you pointed me at earlier seems to imply that I have to choose which
SCSI read command I want it to use.

Secondly, I'm having newby problems compiling and installing. When I try
to run cdparanoia, I get this:

./cdparanoia: error while loading shared libraries:
libcdda_interface.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

This is what I've been doing, which is how I interpret the commands in
the paranoia README:

./configure
make all
make install
ldconfig
./configure
make lib
./configure
make slib

I guess I'm wrong though - can you tell me what I should do?

--
GNU Emacs 21.3.1 on Linux 2.4.20 RH9