[paranoia] Mandrake problem?

Siddartha Raider raider at home.ro
Sun Nov 30 06:24:08 PST 2003

Hello!

This wasn't a problem with MDK8.2 or previous versions. Neither with RH and a few other distributions I used over the time. It started with MDK9.1 which I wanted because of the gcc upgrade. Anything via the SCSI emulation layer (all my drives are IDE) or via ATAPI/IDE work. Anything besides CDDA ripping. I can read, I can write (SCSI only of course). I thought this might be an MDK bug. Couldn't change to RH as it doesn't have XFS (the filesystem from SGI) support by default. But now I upgraded to MDK9.2 and it's the same problem. So I think there must be something wrong on my side.

SCSI transport error: timeout waiting to read packet

csi_read error: sector=7 length=13 retry=0
                 Sense key: 0 ASC: 0 ASCQ: 0
                 Transport error: Error reading command from device
                 System error: Success

I must add that I already checked the paranoia troubleshooting and even removed the ide-cd module so the kernel would use only the SCSI emulation layer for the CDrom.

----

Home, no matter how far...
http://www.home.ro