[paranoia] Creative cd-rw RW8438E

brain at autistici.org brain at autistici.org
Mon Nov 17 01:00:34 PST 2003

My configuration:
Creative cd-rw RW8438E using ide-scsi driver
Kernel 2.4.20

The problem:
When ripping, there is *always* an error at the end of the track, with
every audio cd I tried. When the track is near to the end, the drive keeps
reading and reading, even for minutes. Then, it prints the "V" for the
error and goes on normally. The resulting audio file doesn't seem to be
damaged -- just listening to it: it is not truncated.

The output (extract):
# cdparanoia -B -d /dev/sr0

[...]

outputting to track01.cdda.wav

(=3D=3D PROGRESS == [                             V| 017821 00 ] ===
 :^D * ==)

outputting to track02.cdda.wav

(=3D=3D PROGRESS == [                             V| 032801 00 ] ===
 :^D * ==)

outputting to track03.cdda.wav

(=3D=3D PROGRESS == [                             V| 051704 00 ] ===
 :^D * ==)

Is this a problem of my drive, or there have been other bug reports?

I am ready to send any other details about the configuration and the
errors, if needed.

--
Protect your privacy! http://www.gnupg.org
Gpg key id 7E38605B available on keyservers.