[paranoia] Re: Bug, and a suggestion

Erik erik at holocron.org
Fri Jun 6 13:24:12 PDT 2003

Okay, after extensive debugging, the problem lies not where I thought it was.
It is a combination of program and library. In particular, around line 1100,
main.c uses "batch_track=cdda_sector_gettrack(d,cursor)" and assumes that it
will give a sane answer. It does not in all cases (at least, not with some of
the CDs I have). By adding a sanity check, such as:
    batch_track_temp=cdda_sector_gettrack(d,cursor);
    if (batch_track_temp<batch_track) break; //Track numbers should only increase!

eems to fix my/the problem. In my case, it would return a zero and program
would then try to read a non-existant track 0 and infinite loop.
With the fix, the program properly aborts the track and moves on to the next one...

  -Erik