[paranoia] lost interupt

himbA himba at siol.net
Wed Jun 4 12:36:19 PDT 2003

Hello
I'm trying to read audio Cd on my systwm. I have two CDroms, Teac both. One is
attached as atapi drive on /dev/hdc (cdparanoia -vB -d /dev/cdrom) and
another as scsi emulated drive on /dev/sr0 (cdparanoia -vB -d
/dev/cdrecorder). when I try to rip track from any of drives i get, a lot of:

kernel: hdc: lost interrupt

in /var/log/messages (if using atapi drive)

and for scsi emultated drive I also get some errors returnes by cdparanoia...

SCSI transport error: timeout waiting to read packet

csi_read error: sector=13 length=13 retry=0
                 Sense key: 0 ASC: 0 ASCQ: 0
                 Transport error: Error reading command from device
                 System error: Success

about two hours to get 4 min. long track off the CD. CDrom light is always
lit and progress bar updates read range very slowly...

Playing Audio cds works fine...

Regards ,himba

--
This €-mail was Kmailed.