[paranoia] odd cdrom behavior after using cdparanoia

PC^God paranoia at pcgod.info
Thu Jan 2 01:27:30 PST 2003

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> Anything is possible, but at this point I would be checking termination,
> cable tightness, and if the controller was hard addressed to a conflicting
> address or something. I've been running a mix of SCSI and ATAPI CD-R and
> CD-RW, and other than a burning problem in 2.4.19, they all seem to work
> fine. There might be an issue with your particular driver, but I'd also
> consider hardware and config issues at this point, since you can fix those
> a lot faster.

I just moved some hardware around, moved the cd drive from the secondary
master to the primary slave. It actually seems to be getting worse. Been
having trouble burning CDs as well, before and after moving the hardware
around. I think I'll try finding another IDE cable and going back to my
saved 2.4.17 kernel in which I didn't have any problems. Somehow, I don't
think either of those things are going to work though. This drive is
pretty old (2x write was top of the line back then!) so I'll probably end
up replacing it soon. Thanks for the help all.

-- PC^God --