[paranoia] CDparanoia SCSI errors: kernel or application

Jack Pistachio jackpistachio at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 10:09:42 PST 2003

Well, I know that CDParanoia was originally a patch to
cdda2wav.  That was a long time ago so I don't know if they
still share any code or how much as I'm not a developer for
paranoia.  Its been a while since any developing has been
done on cdparanoia, but its still the premier package for
ripping audio on linux.  There is another possibility...
hardware bugs.  My old pentium machines run the same linux
system and never have any problem ripping audio, with any
CDROMs they've encountered.  It seems as though its
generally via chipsets, although didn't you mention
something about sis? Ah yes.  I still feel it might be the
scsi transport library / scsi emulation.  Sorry I can't be
of more help than that though.
- jackp

Do you Yahoo!?
http://shopping.yahoo.com