[paranoia] bug report

Robert Cymbala cymbala at lafn.org
Thu Aug 14 11:31:37 PDT 2003

Hi!

I used cdparanoia yesterday for the first time and want to send some
feedback. There's two addresses in "To:" because ``man cdparanoia''
and ``cdparanoia -h'' offer two different email addresses for sending
bug reports.

I'm ripping track 01 from "Class War: The Attack on Working People"
(Noam Chomsky):

  bash# cdparanoia -Q 2>&1 | head -12
  cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)
  (C) 2001 Monty <monty at xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

  Report bugs to paranoia at xiph.org
  http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

  Table of contents (audio tracks only):
  track        length               begin        copy pre ch
    1.    10645 [02:21.70]        0 [00:00.00]    no   no  2
  bash#

  bash$ cdparanoia -B -- "-1"

I see:
  many    :-P
  some    8-|
  a few   :-/
  rarely  :-)

out of 10645 sectors!  The file size is:

  bash# ls -l *.wav
    total 972
  -rw-r--r--    1 root     root       950316 Aug 14 11:26 track01.cdda.wav
  bash#

nice to disable the eject button (that way nobody would accidentally
abort a rip).

  HP Pavilion 3260 (mid 1990s) Pentium.

OS:
  Debian 3...
  bash$ uname -a
  Linux debian 2.2.20-idepci #1 Sat Apr 20 12:45:19 EST 2002 i586 unknown
  bash$

Debian package installed:
  Package: cdparanoia
   Unlike similar programs such as cdda2wav, cdparanoia goes to great lengths
   to try to extract the audio information without any artifacts such as
   jitter.

-Robert