[paranoia] irq timeouts (Was: Re: scsi errors with cdparanoia and ide-scsi)

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Tue Sep 17 07:48:11 PDT 2002

> Yes. No. Maybe... That's the problem, but newer kernels *may* work better.
> I'm going to check the chipset info on my portable machine this evening,
> it works just fine, but I am running -ac or -aa kernels for ages, and
> recently -ck and stock 20-pre7. Clearly kernels older than the chipset are
> going to be in trouble ;-)

Tried to apply the -ac patch to a unmodified 2.4.19 src, but reported a lot of
errors so I didn't trust it.
Well, the chipset isn't that old but sure isn't *brand* new. Tho might be true
what Ian says in the next reply, well possible the kernel devels are fed up
with VIA and I can't even resent. VIA doesn't seem to be to talkative bout
thier chip specs... since I have an ATI graphics board I know exactly how much
trouble this causes.

Dex