[paranoia] Problem accessing cdrom drive

Torben Andersen the.beauty at get2net.dk
Fri Jun 21 07:41:06 PDT 2002

Francis Bouchard wrote:

> I am trying to use cdparanoia, it exits with an error message which is
> attached to this message.  I am using Red Hat Linux 7.2 kernel 2.4.18.
> I simulate SCSI support with SCSI generic and SCSI CD-rom emulation in
> the kernel for my CD writer to work correctly.

I have the same problem, but logging in as root, everything works fine.
I guess, that some permissions has to be set, but i don't know which
(and to bee honest: i don't care, as it works as root :-) ). For normal
cd's I use xcdroast (cdda2wav and cdrecord frontend), which also works
as user.

Regards Torben