[paranoia] can't find cdrom drive

Torben Andersen the.beauty at get2net.dk
Wed Jun 12 08:20:54 PDT 2002

I have upgraded both hardware (pc) and software (Red Hat 7.3). Both my
CD'ROMs are emulated SCSI and works perfectly fine, except with
cdparanoia, which I use for difficult cd's. I keep on getting the
following message:

    [toran at 0x83a49367 toran]$ cdparanoia -B
    cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)
    (C) 2001 Monty <monty at xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

    Report bugs to paranoia at xiph.org
    http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

    cdparanoia stops searching for an accessible drive here.
    Consider using -sv to force a more complete autosense
    of the machine.

    More information about /dev/cdrom:
    Checking /dev/cdrom for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/cdrom for cooked ioctl() interface
            /dev/scd0 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
        Testing /dev/cdrom for SCSI interface
            No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device /dev/scd0

I had it working under Red Hat 7.1, except when the bootsequence
contained the cdrom, where it was a bios probleme.

Does anybody know what to do ??

Excuse me for my bad english, I haven't practiced written english in
many years :-)

Regards Torben