[paranoia] URGENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sat Jun 8 15:14:11 PDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 01:16:50PM -0600, Clinton wrote:
> I agree with you Monty, but there are worse things.  One thing, for
> example, that is worse than people replying to and or making fun of spam
> are poltroons who are so anal and full of themselves that they have to
> grant themselves dictatorial rights on a list, waste everyone's time and
> mete out chastisement and digital defenestration when it is neither
> necessary nor warranted.

I created the list, run it on my own servers and maintain the list
day-to-day.  I wrote the software for which this list exists.  I
therefore assume some right to specify netiquette on the list.  If you
feel that's *the least bit* out of place, don't let the door hit you
in the ass on the way out.

(And since I honestly think that you were just making a point and
weren't specifically levelling that at me personally, more the notion
I was stating, I'll note that I too am making a blanket statement
directed at anyone on this list who has some weird knee-jerk need to
bite the hand that feeds them simply because they must resist any and
all authority, just or unjust, at all times.)

Monty
"Welcome to the real world.  Here's your little party hat."