[paranoia] SOLVED: Problems with cdparanoia

David Balazic david.balazic at uni-mb.si
Mon Dec 2 02:04:48 PST 2002

I think most of what is written below is wrong, except the CD
autorun issue. Are you using KDE or GNOME ?
If GNOME, try to uninstall the 'magicdev' package.
Reboot after that , just in case.

About the kernel options, I have a stock redhat 8.0 kernel,
with all ( most ) SCSI options turned on and have no problem
with IDE/SCSI emulation. True, I only tried cdrecord for
burning CDs and did not try  cdparanoia.

Regards,
david