[paranoia] Problem with cdparanoia

Floriano Zini zini at itc.it
Wed Oct 31 05:28:30 PST 2001

Dear Developers,

This is the very first time I try to use cdparanoia and I get the funny
behaviour in the snapshot below.

Can you help me? Thank you very much in advance.

Floriano

  Floriano ZINI               | phone: +39 0461 314314
  ITC-irst                    | fax:   +39 0461 302040
  Via Sommarive 18            | email: zini at itc.it
  38050 Povo (Trento), ITALY  | web: sra.itc.it/people/zini/

neilyoung:zini 65%cdparanoia -Q
cdparanoia III release 9.6 (August 17, 1999)
(C) 1999 Monty <monty at xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to paranoia at xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

/dev/cdrom exists but isn't accessible.  By default,
cdparanoia stops searching for an accessible drive here.
Consider using -s to force a more complete autosense
of the machine.

More information about /dev/cdrom:
Checking /dev/cdrom for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/cdrom for cooked ioctl() interface
                /dev/scd0 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
        Testing /dev/cdrom for SCSI interface
                No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device
/dev/scd0

neilyoung:zini 66%ls -l /dev/cdrom
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            4 Mar 28  2001 /dev/cdrom ->
scd0
neilyoung:zini 67%ls -l /dev/scd0
brw-------   1 zini     disk      11,   0 May  5  1998 /dev/scd0
neilyoung:zini 68%