[paranoia] two rips of the same track not identicle, but with the same start point.

rob at mur.org.uk rob at mur.org.uk
Thu Oct 18 18:46:52 PDT 2001

Hi

I have a Yamaha cdrw:
  Vendor: YAMAHA   Model: CRW2100E         Rev: 1.0N
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

If I rip the same track twice, I get two different files, but they are
the same for the first x bytes, so it is reading from the same point
each time. Reading the same track with a pioneer cdrom drive, I get
the same file each time; It is different from the ones from the
yamaha, but the first 46503 bytes are the same.

cdparanoia version: cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)

Regards

--
Rob Murray