[paranoia] Unable to extract some tracks

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Nov 15 11:57:31 PST 2001

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 03:05:24AM +0000, David Crookes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to use cdparanoia to extract tracks. The album has 12 tracks
> as reported by the sleeve. When placing in an audio player it reports 12.
> However, for tracks 10-12 when using cdparanoia I some sort of abort
> regarding non-audio data.
>
> However, playing tracks 10-12 with my PC's CD player works fine. Here is the
> log output:

Is this CD nearly 80 minutes?  If not, this could be either an
'extended' CD (with a data session at the end) confusing the cdrom
drive/paranoia... or maybe one of the new copy protection schemes
rearing its ugly head.

As a sanity check, does cdda2wav see tha last two tracks?  If so, we
have a paranoia problem.  If not, this disc is confusing the cdrom
drive.

Monty