[paranoia] Problems

Petter Sundlöf petter.sundlof at findus.dhs.org
Wed Mar 28 08:03:56 PST 2001

Hi. I have a NEC SCSI CDR-1610A drive (not recordable, regular CD-ROM),
that  should be able to rip at 1X. My SCSI controller is a Adaptect
2940U2W.
I have been able to rip before (long long ago).

I've tried cdparanoia -Q:

---
/dev/cdrom exists but isn't accessible.  By default,
cdparanoia stops searching for an accessible drive here.
Consider using -sv to force a more complete autosense
of the machine.

More information about /dev/cdrom:
Checking /dev/cdrom for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/cdrom for cooked ioctl() interface
                /dev/sr0 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
        Testing /dev/cdrom for SCSI interface
                No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device
/dev/sr0
---

Mounting data CDs works. /dev/cdrom is a link to /dev/sr0.

When I try to rip something:
---
$ cdparanoia -B "1-"
cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)
(C) 2001 Monty <monty at xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to paranoia at xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

/dev/cdrom exists but isn't accessible.  By default,
cdparanoia stops searching for an accessible drive here.
Consider using -sv to force a more complete autosense
of the machine.

More information about /dev/cdrom:
Checking /dev/cdrom for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/cdrom for cooked ioctl() interface
                /dev/sr0 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
        Testing /dev/cdrom for SCSI interface
                No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device
/dev/sr0
---

What should I do? Someone please help me :(