[paranoia] sample offset?

Matt McClure mlm at aya.yale.edu
Sat Mar 24 10:53:23 PST 2001

On Fri Mar 23 2001, 22:05, xiphmont at xiph.org (Monty) wrote:

> > After I sent this, I decided to take a closer look at the source.  With
> > this simple patch (see below), and setting CD_SAMPLE_OFFSET=566, I was
> > able to get 100% bit-accurate copies of some WAVs I burned.
> >
> > However, it did not work for the last track.  In the case of the final
> > track, the ripped wav had all 0's for the final 2264 bytes (or 566
> > samples).  Could anyone more familiar with the source comment on how
> > easy this would be to fix?
>
> The basic idea works, but cdparanoia is not going to intentionally try
> to read past the declared user data area of the disc.  Does this track
> go all the way up to the last sector of the readable area with audio?

I haven't been able to rip the end of the last track from any disc using
my patch.  They all get padded with n zeros, where n is
4*CD_SAMPLE_OFFSET.

How is "readable area" defined -- is it the outer edge of the physical
media, or is it the outermost sector of the area that was written to?

--
Matt
http://www.faradic.net/~mmcclure/