[paranoia] SCSI timout errors....

Jeff Pierce piercej at preferred.com
Mon Jul 30 17:02:11 PDT 2001

I am new to cdparanoia ahving just downloaded iot because I was told it
was the best cd audio ripper for Linux. But, I am having a problem.

It seems that I am getting the following error soemtimes:

piercej at penny:~/temp$cdparanoia -d /dev/scd0 1 track_1.cdr

outputting to track01.cdr

 (== PROGRESS == [                      >       | 018758 00 ] == :-) o
==)
SCSI transport error: timeout waiting to read packet

csi_read error: sector=18821 length=13 retry=0
                 Sense key: 0 ASC: 0 ASCQ: 0
                 Transport error: Error reading command from device
                 System error: Success
piercej at penny:~/temp$

But, I can successfully rip track 2 and track 13, tried at random.

I am using scsi emulation over ide and have been using
xcdtoaster/cdrecord with no problems. I can find no disc damage and it
plays fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? I could find nothing in the
troubleshoot section about it.

--
Jeff Pierce
piercej at preferred.com