[paranoia] dao wrong start sector

Dale E Martin dmartin at cliftonlabs.com
Wed Feb 14 05:39:16 PST 2001

> I broke a long recording into tracks, 16bit 44100 stereo, using sox. Since
> cdrecord tells me to, I use the -pad option. But there are 'gaps' already
> recorded in, so I would want to use -dao (1) to keep gaps short and (2) to fit
> all the tracks on there. But in dummy mode, using -dao, the drive 'returns the
> wrong start sector at -150", and seems to hang. This doesn't happen using the
> default tao method.
>
> Any suggestions what I can do to get this thing writen dao?

I just wanted to tell you I've had the same problem in the past.  (The
drive I was using is a Ricoh MP7060A, which I'm currently less than wild
about.)  The interesting thing is, my .wav files were produce with
"cdparanoia -B" and were already the correct size.  I haven't found a
workaround, and upgrading to the latest firmware on the drive didn't
help...

Later,
        Dale

--