[paranoia] No generic SCSI device found

DJ Art djart at linux.gr
Sat Feb 3 12:12:47 PST 2001

Bernie Boudet wrote:

> I'm getting the error "No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device /dev/scd0".

> brw-rw----    2 root     cdrom     11,   0 Jul  5  2000 /dev/scd0
> crw-------    1 root     cdrom     21,   0 Feb  3 14:09 /dev/sg0

If you are getting the message while being root, then there seems to be
a problem ...

If you run cdparanoia as a user, make sure the user belongs to the cdrom
group and give rw permissions on /dev/sg0.

> No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device /dev/scd0"

means that "The generic SCSI device, which is sgX (where X is in this
case 0) cannot be accessed"

--
DJ Art (aka Kyritsis Athanasios) <djart at hellug.gr>
Studying Electrical & Computer Engineering @ UPatras