[paranoia] Ripping question

Scott Hassel ranger67 at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 1 04:42:38 PDT 2001

To rip an entire CD into a file instead of song by song just use the
following:

cdparanoia -v "1-"

This will rip the entire CD into a file called cdda.wav. You can also
specify the output file name on the command line after the span
argument. For other possible options try "cdparanoia --help".

Enjoy.

Forrest Aldrich wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to rip an entire CD into one file for MP3
> use.  For example, you have a dance mix cd, in which separate songs will
> sound screwed up (they're mixed, duh) when played out of sync.
>
> I tried fooling around with "dd" to see if I could get a raw *.cdda file
> (FreeBSD) but the machine I was running on was ATAPI-based (I'll try
> scsi next).
>
> I have some goodies on Windoze that will copy CDs -- but I'm also
> concerned about the sampling.  I have also the Xing ripping utilities
> available.
>
> Thanks,
>
> _F

> Paranoia homepage: http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/