[paranoia] sample offset?

Matt McClure mlm at aya.yale.edu
Sat Sep 9 18:22:40 PDT 2000

I've determined that my drive (SONY CD-RW CRX140E) consistently rips
tracks offset by 566 samples, which makes it impossible to get a
completely bit-accurate copy of a WAV after burning it to a CD.  I
understand that cdparanoia does not currently have the ability to use a
sample offset -- although an offset can be specified in hour, minute,
second, and sector increments.  Are there any plans for future versions
to allow sample offsets as well?

How difficult would it be to implement this feature?

--
Matt
http://www.faradic.net/~mmcclure/