[paranoia] Artec, Asus or Sony anyone ?

Andre Majorel amajorel at teaser.fr
Thu Mar 9 14:01:21 PST 2000

At 12:00 2000.03.09 +0100, David Balazic wrote:

>> PS: I need an _IDE_ drive. I know SCSI drives are better but I already
>> have one and would like to rip 2 CD's _simultaneously_.
>
>What is preventing you from using 2 SCSI drives ?

The second instance of cdparanoia remain stuck (sleeping) at the
"Testing /dev/scd1 for SCSI interface" step. If I kill the first
instance, the second instance resumes.

Kernel 2.0.38 (patched up Debian 2.0)
Tekram DC390F
First drive: Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-303 1.09
Second drive: Yamaha CRW8424S 1.0d

When one instance reads from a SCSI drive and the other from an
IDE drive, no such blocking occurs.

André Majorel <amajorel at teaser.fr>
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/