[paranoia] Have to force big-endian on sparc64?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Jun 18 23:10:03 PDT 2000

> I run cdparanoia on a Sun Ultra 5.  The output is garbage unless I
> specify the '-R' option.  Should cdparanoia auto-detect this condition?

The drive is IDE, so the data must come back little endian from the hardware...
is that what's happening?  If not then either the hardware is wrong or Sparc
Linux is helpfully doing the wrong thing with the data word order.

(I assume you can play other WAV files fine, and the ones cdparanoia is
producing are incorrect order?)

Monty