[paranoia] Slow ATAPI drive, even with SG drivers

Adam Hirsch adam at baz.org
Wed Apr 19 14:42:03 PDT 2000

Forgot to mention: the drive lights momentarily every 2.5 seconds, not
continuously, and the CPU doesn't appear to be particularly busy.  No "data
underrun" messages logged.

I feel somewhat compelled to mention that I've used cdparanoia on other
machines with great results, and am quite grateful that it exists at all.
Even (especially) if my hardware a/o stupidity turns out be the problem.
:)

The Church says: The body is a sin.                            <adam hirsch>
Science says: The body is a machine.
Advertising says: The body is a business.                     <adam at baz.org>
The body says: I am a fiesta.  - eduardo galeano