[paranoia] unable to open cdromdrive

stadi h9640081 at edv1.boku.ac.at
Mon Apr 3 01:01:13 PDT 2000

hi.

once more i do have to send you the request for a little bit of help. i
recieved the following bug:
"unable to open cdromdrive; -v will give you more information.
cdrip failed on ...at /usr/bin/ripit.pl line 334."

as you probably already checked out, i am a complete linuxdummie. so please, do
not bother about me if the question is a stupid one. i would really love to use
your ripper, but i does not work for me.

last time i tried to get some help from you, you gave me the hint, to check
weather the line
$cdrom  "/dev/cdrom" (something like that)
does fit my setting. yes it does. i use the line "/dev/hdc" for my cdrom (it
was set up by YAST from suse... and works fine with cdroms. but audios do not
work...)

ok. i do want you to excuse me for my stupid questions once more...

greetings
stadi.

--
committed at