[paranoia] paranoia seems to add pauses at the wrong place

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Sep 21 13:46:38 PDT 1999

> Sometimes the beginning of the next song is included in the previous
> track and as a result the next song has one second silent gap in the
> beginning.
>
> I experienced the same problem with earlier versions of cdparanoia(8.*
> or 7.*, don't remember) and now with 9.6. No serious errors were
> reported during the ripping.

At the moment, cdparanoia believes the drive when it reports where the pauses
are.  A few drives report incorrectly (or perhaps just differently than most;
the original SCSI CDROM spec is somewhat ambigous on how to report track
indexes and this is still causing confusion in the CDROM world).  I'm trying to
find a pattern in the madness and add checking here as well, but it's not
complete yet.

This is discussed on the troubleshooting page too.

Monty