[paranoia] snap crackle pop

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Sep 21 13:44:20 PDT 1999

> Hi, when I ran cdparanoia by this command line:
>
> cdparanoia -w 1

BTW, -w is the default (there for the sake of completeness, you don't need it).

> It didn't give me nothing but :-P and a few other ones every once in a
> while.
>
> WHen I play it, it sounds great, but there's a lot of pops.

What are the symbols in the status bar?  ' -+' are usually harmless, '!'
indicates a problem that may have gotten through, 'V' indicates an almost
certainly audible defect.

> What can I do to correct this?

Also send along the output of cdparanoia -vQ so I know what drive you're using.

There are still some drives cdparanoia doesn't work perfectly with; not many,
but they exist.  Send along that extra information, and we'll see if
cdparanoia is even aware there's a problem.

Monty