[paranoia] ripping whole cd X single track

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Oct 21 15:05:16 PDT 1999

> Unfortunately it is not only a visual problem. The algorithm used
> by cdparanoia tends to shorten each gap, which is in between the tracks.
> In the end, the last track starts up to 0.5 seconds too early (the end of
> the .wav file is padded with zeros). If you burn the cd with cdrdao
> and tell your cd player to play the last track, then you miss the first
> 0.5 seconds of this track, i.e., the track marks don't match the music
> anymore.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply the problem is only visual.  It *is* a real
bug (and the 'correction' it does in silence does trip spurious errors that are
purely visual). However, the slide does slightly enlarge/compress sections of
all zeros.  It really does happen, it really is a bug and I really do have to
fix it :-)

Monty